Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No excuses

With the last couple of miscarriages we have always wondered if there was something that we were not doing right: -Did I have a miscarriage because I was drinking pop? This time I did not have any pop to drink. -Did I lose the baby because I was working overnights? This time I was getting plenty of sleep -Did I have a miscarriage because of the internal ultrasounds? I did not have an internal with this one until I started spotting. -Was it because I lost weight or wasn't eating well enough? This pregnancy I actually gained a couple of pounds and was eating lots of great food. It always seems like when something goes wrong we want to look and blame ourselves for something that went wrong. We prayed constantly for this child and for the other 3 that we have lost. The loss of a baby through miscarriage or stillbirth does not happen because of something that you have possibly done (like the above excuses). We again do not understand God's plan at all regarding our 4 losses but we trust that He is carrying us through this valley. I recently read this quote, "I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me against the Rock of Ages." C.H. Spurgeon--and it applies so perfectly to our situation--the wave that is hitting us repeatedly keeps sending us to Jesus and for that we are so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment