Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crocheted heart

After we had our last miscarriage in December we had talked to the OB about a perinatal hospice. I wanted to be able to express to families too that have had a miscarriage that people cared about their baby. I found a pattern for a crocheted heart and my grandma helped me make them. We gave a bunch of them to Dr. H. and I was not really sure if he was using them or not. Today we saw him again and said that last week he gave away 3 of them. It breaks my heart so much. He started to do the ultrasounds and I could tell that stuff was not right. He did the internal and said that we are in the midst of a miscarriage. Words cannot express how sad we are. In fact I could hear the OB making weird noises during the scan and then he excused himself and never came back. When the midwife came in (she has helped us with the hospice) she said that doc could not come back in because it was too hard. She said she did not want to do this but gave me one of the crocheted hearts. Please continue to pray for us--this has shaken us to the core.

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May the Lord comfort you, as only He can <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much--we appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kelly we really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete